author: Site Admin category:
Please read the following Terms and Conditions carefully. They’re here for your protection as well as ours and you will have to agree to abide by them before you can enter the competition.
- This competition is to win a chance to meet Stephenie Meyer at an exclusive fan event to celebrate the release of The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide.
- Entrants must make a short video clip of themselves explaining why they are Stephenie Meyer’s Superfan and why they should get to meet her. Upload the clip to YouTube making sure to mark the clip UNLISTED so only we can see it and send us a link to the clip via the method described on www.stepheniemeyer.co.uk/superfan. No other form of entry to the competition will be accepted. If your video is made public for others to view your entry will not be accepted. If videos are attached to emails sent to us they will be blocked and/or deleted immediately.
- The clip must be no more than sixty seconds long and must comprise your own original work. It must not use any material which is defamatory, obscene or in any way offensive or unlawful. Nor must it include material in which other people own the copyright or include others’ brand names or trade marks.
- One semi-finalist from each of the six countries involved in the competition (Australia, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom) will be chosen from the entries received by their local publisher to go onto the final round for a chance to be Atom’s official Twilight Superfan and meet Stephenie Meyer in person!
- The semi-finalist for the UK will be selected by employees of Little Brown Book Group (“LBBG”) from the entries received in accordance with Paragraph 2 and 3. The final winner will be selected from the six semi-finalists by the Chief Executive of LBBG. The decisions of the judges for selecting the semi-finalists and the winner will be final.
- The winner’s clip may be used by LBBG to promote the publication of The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide and may appear on LBBG websites and networks. Entering this competition will be taken as your agreement that your entry can be used in this manner.
- The winner and a companion or guardian) will be flown with a Publisher Escort to meet Stephenie Meyer. Flights will be arranged y the publisher in the winner’s country and accommodation will be arranged by LBBG. No further sums will be paid although any reasonably expenses can be discussed with the Publisher Escort locally.
- The prize is non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition opens at 12 noon GMT on 12 January 2011 and closes at 12 noon GMT on 22 February 2011 (the Closing Date). Entries must be received on or before the Closing Date. Any entries received outside these specified times and dates will not be eligible for entry into the competition.
- The competition is open to all residents in the UK, Australia, India, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa, except employees of Little, Brown Book Group Limited, their families, or anyone professionally connected to the competition either themselves or through their families. Residents of other countries are not eligible to enter this competition.
- If you are younger than 16 years of age, you must have consent from your parent or guardian before entering the competition. You will be asked to provide an email address for your parent or guardian. We reserve the right to check they have given consent. The failure to provide an email address or their lack of consent will make the entry ineligible.
- If the winner is 20 years of age or older as of April 1 2011, he/she may bring one guest who is 20 years of age or older as of April 1 2011. If the winner is less than 20 years of age as of April 1 2011, he/she must bring one parent or legal guardian.
- Only one entry per person allowed. Second or subsequent entries will be disqualified. Entries will not be accepted via agents, third parties or in bulk.
- Little, Brown Book Group is not responsible for contacting or forwarding prizes to entrants who provide unclear or incomplete information or for entries lost, misdirected, delayed or destroyed.
- The Promoter is Atom books. Atom is an imprint of Little, Brown Book Group, 100 Victoria Embankment, London EC4Y 0DY.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter the prizes or cancel the competition without notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize although every effort will be made to provide prizes of similar quality and value.
- Winners will be notified by email within 1 week of the closing date – and will be asked to supply full postal address in order to receive their prize.
- Your email address will not be shared with other companies.
- This competition will be governed by the laws of England and any disputes will be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- By entering the competition each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.